You Know You Love Editing Pt.3
Hey Upper Media Siders, you know who it is, it's your favorite Media Studies site with more information than ever.
- Here we are again, this time its FINALLY EDITING TIME! the long awaited moment has finally come and we will be piecing together all the footage we filmed and worked so so hard on! Editing was my job for the project and O BOY, this was the most stressful experience I have ever had in my entire life! You might be thinking im over exaggerating, and I wish I was! I encounter a lot of issues while trying to save the videos to my phone/ laptop and send them to Emily and Sarah!
- All the editing was completed on my 2019 Macbook Air Computer! Thankfully since I filmed everything on my personal camera, my computer already recognized my camera so this helped the process between saving the videos a little easier!
How Did I Edit?
- For editing, we used the app called iMovie! I mentioned what iMovie is all about in the equipment blog post! If you want to know more about it, check out the blog post :)
- Editing was very complicated to say the least. Emily and Sarah were out of town for almost the entire spring break and were very bust when they got back. It was up to me to get the job done! This weekend was super busy for all three of us as I was out of town for my JROTC Drill State Championship Competition and Sarah and Emily attending Gradbash! Even though I really didn't want to edit while on my trip, I knew I had too! I started editing as seen above and automatically began receiving issues! There was no way for me to send the videos to my laptop without my phone to laptop crashing. I am pretty sure this happened because of all the storage I don't have :/ Nevertheless, Friday Night, I went down to the hotel lobby with my best friend and devoted 2 hours to editing our movie opener!
- Here's a pic of me working on the editing in the Hotel Lobby on my JROTC trip! The process was definitely rocky and time-consuming as I had a total of 5 minutes of footage that I had to find a way to cut down to 2 minutes. I omitted a couple clips that weren't 100% necessary and shortened many in order to fit more clips!
- Thank you Holiday In for providing a very efficient and fast working wifi! I appreciated it so so much :)
- The three of us sat on FaceTime the night of April 3rd, discussing, collaborating, and making decisions for the editing. Sarah and Emily had many amazing tips and helped me pick the songs for the dressing room scene, getting ready for school scene, and car scene!
- So much love for my team! We worked amazing together and I could not have done anything without them!!


Comments
Post a Comment