You Know You Love Opening Scenes
Blogger Girl Here Your One And Only Source Into The Scandalous Lives of Media Studies' Elite.
Today, I will going through and showing you 5 opening scenes from tv shows. Opening scenes are one of the most important scenes in a film. You have, give or take 30 seconds to impress the viewers with what they are seeing. If it's a boring opening scene, they will most likely stop watching. You have to excite the viewers and make them want to keep watching. Let's get started!!
Before I go into detail on every opening scene, I want you to take a look at it first and answer these questions in your head as you watch the intros: Does the show look entertaining? Would you keep watching? On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate i?
1. The Flash Opening Scene:
- What did you think? I personally, love this intro, its super clear that the show is about a superhero, who has super speed. The intro shows most of the characters and actually show some scenes from the show. The fast pase and the flashing of red and yellow lighting make it all the better. The sound truly adds to the intro, it makes my body shiver as they show each character and it builds up anticipation for what's next. 1. I personally believe the show looks super entertaining, who wouldn't wanna watch a superhero with super speed. Besides the speed, you can tell that the show deals with so much more and has actual plots behind it. 2. I would definitely keep watching. 3. I would rate this opening scene a 9. Im not going to give it a 10 just yet, because I haven't seen many of them yet.
2. Stranger Things Opening Scene:
- Interesting right? This opening scene is a bit different from the last one. It doesn't show any characters or elements that could possible describe what the show is about. However, the sounds significantly paint a picture in the readers mind when tho you can't see anything but red letters moving to spell the title. The sounds are certainly eerie and evoke a mysterious tone that can tell you, mhm I suppose this show is about mystery and the life unknown. 1. If i had never seen this show, I wouldn't be able to tell if it looks entertaining because it doesn't give me enough visuals to tell. It simply is neon red letters moving to spell "Stranger Things". 2. I would keep watching just because the sounds i heard made me interested. 3. On a scale from 1-10, I would rate this opening scene a . Its not that bad, but it could be better.
3. Pretty Little Liars Opening Scene:
- Wow, now that was quite an intro. automatically, I see a dead girl in a casket and 4 teenage girls getting ready with creepy music in the background and a weird filter over the shots. off the bat, I can tell that this show is going to deal with mystery, drama, and definitely include deaths. Just by listening to the audio you can tell that its going to be a story about girls and secrets. "Got a secret, can you keep it... swear this one you'll save, better lock it in your pocket, taking this on to the grave..." Grave? This makes me wonder so many things. The people who designed this intro should get a raise because they killed it!! 1. the show looks very entertaining and looks like the type to keep you on your toes while watching. 2.No questions needed, I would keep watching. 3. I would rate this one a 9.5, Both this intro and the Flash's intro are very great and well executed. I gave this one .5 more because the sounds make it a little better and more eye-opening.
4. Wizards of Waverly Place Opening Scene:
- Speak of a catchy song!! I love this intro because I can sing along and see an inside into what the show is all about. Clearly, from the title its evident that the show is about wizards; however, as you watch the intro, you can further see who is a wizard and some of the things they can do. Such as, take icing off a cupcake, change time, put someone in a mirror, and so much more. The song, the way its edited, and how the charters daily them selves makes it easy to tell that this is a family show and looks very entertaining. 1. It does look entraining, just by the song, I would say kids would love hearing this before every episode. 2. Um, DUH, I would keep watching, who wouldn't! It looks so fun and interesting. 3. I would rate this a 9.5, just like the last intro because It makes it clear who the characters are, which ones are wizards, that it deals with teens going to school, etc. The song kinda made this intro though!! What do you think?
5. Greys Anatomy Opening Scene:
- The last opening scene we are reviewing!! Finally!! Anyways, just by first glance you can tell that the show takes place at a Hospital. One thing I noticed in this intro is that you don't see any of the characters faces, you just see their body. Even without seeing their faces, its obvious they work at hospitals because of the scrubs. What I can tell from just seeing the intro, is that although it might surround a hospital setting, the show is clearly much more than that. The women getting ready and the shot of the hospital bed imply that there is a lot of stuff that happens behind the scenes of a hospital. The pouring of the drink lets the readers know that this character's go to parties and drink. and the ending with the red heels really add to the overall intro. lastly, The little song works together with all the shots and make the opening scene flow better. 1. Although not a lot is happening in the intro, I can tell that the show is going to be entertaining and that it is so much more than having people. 2. I would keep watching because I would be interested in knowing what happens begun the scene in a hospital, or just simply to see what comes next. 3 I would rate this intro an 8, its pretty well filmed and makes the viewers want to keep watching. I just feel like that could have added a ;title more to make it the perfect 10/10 opening scene.
After watching all five of these intros, which one would you say is your favorite? For me, I couldn't pick between the flash, pretty little liars, and wizards of waverly place. Those are just so good!!! As a viewer, you can easily see what makes an opening scene better than others. Let me know your choice down below:
Comments
Post a Comment