Title Sequence Spotted!
What's Up, Upper Media Siders, you know who it is, it's your favorite Media Studies site with more information than ever.
Welcome back to my chaotic Media Studies Project journey:) today's blog post is all about our Title Sequence! Let me just tell you, this part was THANKFULLY one of the easiest ones we had to do! I am going to be going into more detail down below! keep reading to find our the process!
Ready. Set. Action
Sarah, Emily, and I wanted to include a lot of information, similar to what our favorite movies did with their credit scenes. We wanted to make sure that credited rolled on the way till the end of 2 minute mark and finished with the TITLE: STAR.
What Did We Use For Reference?
- Thanks to Emily, she found this format on the StudioBinder website, which listed 17 credits. Although we didn't use all of them, we used most of the them and only omitted a couple that didn't make sense.
- Most movie usually have the same type of credits. Yes some of them have a lot more or a lot less, but for the most part, this list included the "basic" ones and thats what we wanted!
- Emily reminded us that this website was said in one of of the videos that our Aice Media Studies Teacher, Mrs. Woz showed us during class! Im glad Emily remembered this because it would have been extremely bad if we were getting information from a website that had no idea what they were talking about LOL.
How does it Look?
- Above is a picture of one of our credits! We choose to use two different fonts that kinda reminded us of that "Coming of Age" movie vibe. The text on the top is a Bold Avenir Next Heavy. The text on the bottom of that one is the same type of font but called, Avenir Next Regular and is not in bold.
- I am going to be honest, I movie did not have a grand variety of fonts and this one was simply the best looking one and worked well with our theme. We all agreed on it and decided to keep ll the credits in our movie the same way and just switch from left to right every credit!
- The first credit the one in the Bold Avenir Next Heavy font, is the type of credit it is. For example, in the picture the first credit reads as "Produced by", explaining what credit it is. Then, the credit on the bottom, the one in the Avenir Next Regular font is the studio name or person being credited.
- Hope all this isn't confusing you! All you have to know, is how to see and you can clearly tell what the credit is and who is being credited ;) As long as you don't close your eyes, you will be fine:)
Our Title!
- There it is! Our movie title! I know I said that all the credits are in the same font but our movie title is the only different one out of the bunch!
- The font is Avenir Next Heavy! However, both italicized and outlined with a thin black border.
- We aren't done just yet tho! Like we mentioned on the very beginning of out journey, we are a "different" type of Coming of Age movie and wanted to incorporate little features that set us aside from all the other stereotypical movies. So, we choose a star symbol rather than the letter "A" in the word STAR! I personally love how it looks!
- Special shout-out to Sarah for coming up with this idea! You "LITERALLLLLYYYY" SNAPPED
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
Tiny Details!
- All the credits appear on the screen and change from left to right very credit! Another detail I care to mention is that it stays on the screen for exactly 4 seconds and there is a little space in between each credit!
- Thats pretty much it for the title sequence!! I was the one editing so I was the one to do the credits, However, that does not mean that Sarah and Emily didn't help me! I literally couldn't have done it with them. Emily was the one that gave me the reference for the credits and Sarah helped with the duration of the credits and spacing it out! Also with the idea of using the star symbol instead of the "A"
- I hope you learned a little about title sequences and enjoyed what my group did! See you in th next blog;)))





Comments
Post a Comment