Spotted: Be A Star Poster!

 

Blogger Girl Here Again, Your One And Only Source Into The Scandalous Lives of Media Studies' Elite.


Here again to learn more about our movie? You are in luck because today's blog post is super important! Its all about the most important prop of our movie opener. Our "Be A Star" poster that is the brings everything to a full circle. 

- THE OLD JULIET AND THE NEW JULIET! 
  • The normal and suffocated Juliet and the rockstar crying while getting ready for her biggest moment in her life so far, showcasing who she truly is. 

Why Is This Important? 

  • This poster was designed by the one and only, me :) I designed this poster on an application called Canva, where I can make just about any form of media poster with the help of templated that they provide. I selected a pre-made "rockband" poster layout that was originally red and black. I began inserting pictures, star shapes and changed the words to "be a star" to tie everything together with our "STAR" movie opener.
  • I love using the app Canva because its super easy to make any posters! All I had to do was search "rock show" and I found the one above. Yes! I had to change some features about it but overall, it took me about 10 minutes to make the poster. 10 minutes for a endless amount of fame:) 

What Inspired the Poster? 

  • In order to make the poster perfect, I drew inspiration from Juliet's outfit in the opening scene as the color palette of the outfit was pink, black, and white.
  •  The poster reminded of me of Juliet's rock outfit and I hope it did for other people. Theses color truly match the vibes of the beginning scene which is what I wanted to accomplish as this poster needs to tie together with the first scene. 
  • Sarah was wearing a zebra strapless top with a black shirt. She had hot pink hair and was wearing dark gothic makeup. Black eyeliner, black lipstick, and pink/purple eye shadow. Take a look down below!  Tell me, does the poster remind you of this scene? Lmk down below! 

Why Did You Choose "Be A Star"? 
  • I choose the phrase, "Be a Star" because it ties together our movie title to the show in which Juliet is preparing to go out on stage and rock the house! As our movie title is just "Star" I choose to put "Be a Star" because Juliet needs to put her self out there and BE the best she could BE. She needs to BE the star during that preformance. To further create this tie-in, I added little black stars scattered across the poster to get the point across about "stars" without even having to read the words on the poster. My goal was that when the poster comes on the screen for the first time, the audience immediately thinks of the beginning scene and goes "OMG NO WAY....." "NOW I GET IT....." 

Random or Real? 

  • The information at the bottom could actually be true lol! I started the phone number with a Miami area code and added random numbers that could possibly be someones phone number in Miami. The school's name, "Evergreen",  is inspired by our actual High School's name. "Everglades". I just didn't want our actual school name on there for security reasons lol! Everything else was just a bunch a random numbers and just me typing and not thinking. "Be A Star" LIVE!  surrounded by a big white circle is what I want the audience to truly look at. 
  • Emily printed the poster since she was the only one that had a color printer. Emily mentioned that it was a smart move to wait to design the poster, because now we were able to match the poster to the vibe of the first scene an make sure that everything is balanced. 

Most people have a great amount of props that are not even important. However, since we don't really have that many props, I wanted to make sure that the one we did have was perfect and matched with our movie opener. I hope you enjoyed reading about it and are excited to see it in the movie!

You know you love me, 
XOXO Nicole Lastra-Rodriguez 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sound Story Spotted!

You Know You Love Opening Scenes

Horror Mood Board Spotted!