Spotted: Sound Editing!

 

Blogger Girl Here Again, Your One And Only Source Into The Scandalous Lives of Media Studies' Elite.



Welcome back upper media siders! A lot has happened since we last talked! This blog post is all about the sound editing for our movie opener.

Let me just start out by saying that this process was my least favorite out of everything we did. It was so long and finding music that was both copyright free and went with the vibe of the scene was extremely difficult.

Nevertheless, I got it done and am excited to tell you guys all about it! First and foremost, Thank you so much to Mrs.Woz for providing us with a link that had a large variety of copyright free music that we were able to use in our film. All the songs we used were from the youtube account: Audio Library! The link to the YouTube channel is going to be right below!

    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCht8qITGkBvXKsR1Byln-wA




Who did what?


Emily Wall and Sarah Sanabria helped find the songs that went with each scene. They selected music from the Youtube Channel listed above! It was honestly pretty challenging trying to find the right song for each scene because most of the music was music you would here in elevators or in the beginning of a beauty YouTube video. After countless searching, we finally found 3 songs that were perfect for our film and matched the vibes!

- Nicole Lastra-Rodriguez (me) edited all of the sounds! I took all the songs that emily and sarah picked and put them on top of the scenes. In order to use this songs, I had to use a YouTube to mp3 converter and drag the audio on top of the clips. After dragging the audio on top of the clips, I had to make sure that the volume wasn't too loud and taking away emotion from the film. For example, During the beginning of the film, we used a song that sounded like a rockstar performing; however, I brought down the volume of the clip to 3% because it needed to sound muffled and that it was happening "outside the dressing room." Another example could be the car scene! During this part of the film, I had to edit the audio and cut to the part where the song started as soon as she hit the start button of the car!

-All and all, editing sounds is harder than it looks. I had to make sure that everything (the clips and the audio) matched perfectly and that it was balanced. I would say if you have to edit sounds on top of clips, make sure to have more than 3 hours free, because you will need it. Im happy that I had Emily and Sarah
to help me on this process because without them, this would not have been possible!! Down below is the link of the mp3 converter website!

    This was the link I used: https://ytmp3.cc/en191efcqp/


Who editing software did we use?

- The editing software that we used was the one and only....

Imovie



- iMovie is a preinstalled video editing application developed by Apple Inc. It can be used to create professional‑looking videos. you can easily add photos and videos to projects, trim clips and had seamless audio on top of it. 


You know you love me, 
XOXO Nicole Lastra-Rodriguez 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sound Story Spotted!

You Know You Love Opening Scenes

Horror Mood Board Spotted!