Blogger Girl vs Peers!
Evening Upper Media Siders, you know who it is, it's your favorite Media Studies site with more information than ever.
Recently, I have been doing my research on my classmates's blogs and came across two that were themed perfectly and captured some very great shots!
1. Daniel Lap Film Blog by Daniel Lapidot
2. Adventures Of A Teen Filmmaker by Nyla Julmisse
Starting off with Daniel Lapidot's Blog, I really enjoyed his Over The Shoulder and Extreme Close-Up Shots. The Over The Shoulder shot was angled personally and captured the character's action very well. This view allows the viewers to see the scene from the perspective of a student seated right behind the character. In addition, Daniel Lapidot's Extreme Close-Up Shot was very well-produced. The reason I like it is because it truly emphasized the character's facial features and emotions in their eyes. The angle of the camera was positioned correctly and was used the right way! Overall, Daniel's Blog is very informational and includes exceptional shots. I would say Daniel's Blog is the blog to go too if you need help with camera angles and positioning. I can't wait to see what else he comes up with!! If you would like to check it out, here's the link ↓
https://daniellapfilmblog.blogspot.com
Next Up, let's discuss Nyla Julmisse's Blog, Adventures Of A Teen Filmmaker. I loved the way Nyla themed her blog, from the flowers, name, fonts, and just aesthetic, it's beautiful and very pleasing to the eye. Not only did I love her blog's theme, the shots she captured were truly out of this world! For example, Her Extreme Close-Up Shot of flowers was executed very well and captured the colors of the flowers to well. This was because of the angle, it lets the viewers see all vibrant colors that make of the flowers. This shot made the scene feel peaceful and very soothing. Another shot that I really enjoyed watching was the Courtyard Wide Shot! This shot reveals the location of the scene, shows the content of the scenes that follow, and establishes a gloomy tone. The swaying of the palm trees in the courtyard and the rain drops hitting the black benches were captured perfectly by the choice of a Wide Shot. All and all, Nyla is crushing her blog!! I can't wait to see what other shots she captured or how she continues developing the theme of it!! If you want to check her blog out, the link is down below ↓
https://adventuresofateenfilmmaker.blogspot.com/2021/09/testing-camera-angles.html
Yes, my classmates have really great blogs and know how to work a camera; however, I would like to believe that my blog is really well executed and that I can work a camera too!! :)
One aspect that I am really proud of about my blog is my Theme. My Blog, "Blogger Girl", is based it on the Tv show Gossip Girl. Not only is the name of it based off the tv show, but I tried to match the aesthetic of the original Gossip Girl website which is based in New York City. Which is why I choose my header to be an Aerial Shot of New York City (see what I did there:)) Besides the theme of my blog, I also feel that my shots are also very well filmed and that I captured the emotions of the character very well! One of my favorite shots that I filmed was Over The Shoulder Shot. I positioned the camera right behind the main character in the frame and caught her reaction to a close friend calling her in fear as if she was in danger. The voice of the character over the phone is clear enough to let the viewers know that she is nervous, frightened, and in danger. I love all the shots I did but I am so glad that I am apart of this AICE Media Studies Class because I can use the gueidnece of my peers blog to help make sure that I completely understand what I am doing!

Comments
Post a Comment